Our products Glycasol and Glycamal are suitable for insecticides and plant protection and are effective active-compound-carriers well established in veterinary pharma.
Glycasols and Glycamals versatile dissolving abilities lead to homogenous distributions of active compounds in solution. They both show great miscibility with broad ranges of other substances (including water, aromatics and oils), therefore boosting the compatibility of different components and facilitating the tuning of properties.
Glycasols and Glycamals low evaporation rates may even elongate the effective period of protection due to a slow release of the active compounds. They are colourless, odourless liquids of biogeneous origin
- Glycasol is non-toxic, but shows limited stability in acidic environments. It is a suitable replacement for NMP (N-Methyl-2-pyrolidon) as solvent for neonicotinoids.
- Glycamal is stable also in acidic environments. Glycamal is a suitable replacement for mixtures including naphtha or solvent naphtha or NMP (N-Methyl-2-pyrolidon) in institutional plant protection (herbicides and fungicides).
- Glycasol is non-toxic, non-skin-irritating and its neutral pH of 7.2 is distinctly mild on textiles and leather, making it a suitable solvent in insect repellents for topical application on human and animal skin and clothing. It can replace irritant and flammable solvents like ethanol or 2-propanol in insect repellents.
- Glycamal is commonly used as carrier or enhancers for multiple pharmaceutical compounds (i.e. avermectins, ivermectin) in veterinary applications for injectable products.
- Glycasol facilitates skin penetration of some active compounds (preferably hormones, but also immunomodulators, immunosuppressants, antibiotics, cytostatics, diuretics, gastrointestinal agents, cardiovascular agents and neuropharmaceuticals or mixtures thereof) and is therefore advantageous in transdermal therapeutic systems (TTS).
- Glycamal and Glycasol are both fully miscible with SAIB (sucrose acetate isobutyrate) and are therefore suitable solvents for application of biodegradable pharmaceutical systems for controlled release of medically active substances.