Our products offer a variety of advantages for numerous industrial applications:
Glycasols and Glycamals versatile dissolving abilities and miscibility with broad ranges of other solvents (including water, aromatics and oils) lead to increased compatibility of multiple components and facilitate the control of properties (i.e. viscosity and drying time) of formulations, while being colourless, odourless, environmentally-friendly liquids of biogeneous origin with almost no hazards.
- Glycasol can replace flammable and irritant VOCs like tetrahydrofuran (THF), methylethylketone (MEK) or acetone which are often used as solvents in respective formulations i.e. for bonding or joining PVC (polyvinyl chloride), CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl) or ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) pipes.
- Glycamals and Glycasols hydrotropic character boost the cleaners dissolving capacity and lead to optimal compatibility of different ingredients like surfactants and fragrances.
- Glycasols neutral pH of 7.2 is distinctly mild on textiles and leather and prevents damage and deformation.
- Glycamal is stable against hydrolysis and therefore suitable for acidic mixtures
- Glycamal and Glycasol are suitable to replace
- petrochemically based glycol ethers (BG, BDG, DPM, DPnB, PM, DEGME, EGHE)
- perchlorethylene (PERC), trichlorethylene, which are often used in dry cleaners, but cause air pollution, are non-biodegradable and carcinogenic to the human
- aliphatic hydrocarbons, which are flammable, explosive and cause environmental pollution
- cyclic silicons, which are carcinogenic to the human and have a low ability to remove oily contaminants
- Glycasols neutral pH of 7.2 is mild on textiles, paper and leather and prevents damage and deformation. It is non-skin-irritant.
- Glycasol imparts a gloss and shine to fabrics and materials with its refractive index of 1.43.
- Glycasol is suitable to replace petrochemically based glycol ethers (BG, BDG, DPM, DPnB, PM, DEGME, EGHE) and hazardous co-solvents